If you would like to create the video at school, Mr. Croushler will pull you on Monday or Tuesday to video you reading the highlighted part of your story. If you want to create your video follow the directions below.
Q: How long should my video be?
A: No more than 1 minute.
Q: What do you want me to talk about?
A: Read the highlighted portion of your story.
Q: When is the video due?
A: June 2nd
Q: If I turn in my video after June 2nd, will it still be in the Enrichment Fair?
Q: Can I use props, computer screens, book covers, etc. in my video?
A: If it helps people better understand your idea, then, yes.
Q: What is the easiest device to record myself?
A: Any mobile device (e.g. smart phones, tablets) is good for recording.
Q: Can I edit my video and to make it more interesting than me just standing there talking?
Q: How do I get the video file to Mr. Croushler/Mrs. Weeks?
A: There are several options.
OPTION 1 - Use Dropbox.
- To do this option, you will need to have/create an account. (If you are creating an account, it is free.)
Email Mr. Croushler at firstname.lastname@example.org when you are ready to upload and he will send you an invitation to the folder.
Once you receive the invitation, you will be able to upload the video.
OPTION 2 - You can use your hcpss.me account. To share a video you created via a smart phone or tablet, follow the directions below.
- Download the drive app.
- Enter (your tech username)@ints.hcpss.org into the username window. Enter your tech password into the password section.
- You will see the green hcpss.me login window. Enter your tech username and password. (You don't need to enter the @ints.hcpss.org onto the username.)
- You will now be in your hcpss.me drive. Click on the + symbol in the upper right and then click "upload photo or video".
- Upload the video you wish to share.
- In your Drive, click on the "i" icon located in the bottom right of the video you want to share.
- Share it with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (depending on who was your teacher for that class).
OPTION 3 - Attach the video and email it. (Based on the file size, this may not be possible.)
OPTION 4 - Send your video in on a cd or thumbdrive and we will download it from there. If you provide us with a thumb drive, we will return it to you. Please let us know via email if you are using option #3, so we know to ask your child for it.
OPTION 5 - If you have another method of sharing the file with us electronically, please feel free to do so. Just make sure you email us to ensure we received it.
Q: Do I need to rename the file before/after uploading it?
A: No. But, it would be helpful if you did. Rename the file using the following information: grade level, the word "culture", first name, last initial. (e.g. 3culturepatrickc)
Q: Is there any additional info you can give me about creating the video?
A: Talk loud and clear when recording. It is going to feel weird talking so loud at someone who is standing close. But, the enrichment fair is going to be packed and if you don't talk loud, the audio portion of your video will not be heard.
A: Make sure there is good lighting.
A: Look at the recording device as much as possible.
A: Practice your video a couple of times to make sure your thoughts are well rehearsed.
A: Make sure the person recording is as close to you as possible so that the mic picks up your voice easier.